Gee Construction is a privately-owned Chartered Building Company operating in London and the South East. The company was formed by the merging of two long established construction companies Wiggins Construction Ltd (founded 1920) and Gee Walker Slater Ltd (founded 1864), and is also part of the large construction group Headcrown Group plc.
Our history spans over 150 years:
George Jackson – joiner picture framer and undertaker
Apprentice Samuel Gee
Married George Jacksons daughter – partner in fathers company
Following George jacksons death Samuel took over company and named it Samuel Gee
Samuel Gee and Sons Joinery and general building contractor
First world war worked company
Worked in the manufacture of munitions
Undertook first housing contracts in Sheffield and derby
Wiggins construction founded in 1920 Housing throughout Essex
Took over Walker & Slater now Gee Walker Slater
First contract in London Nurses home North Middx Hospital
Opening London office
During 1930’s undertook various high end projects ie offices at the Adelphi, theatres The Saville, the Cambridge and the Leicester square. Luxury flats Brook House and Landsdowne House, Social Housing White City, Honour Oak Civil buildings Hornsey, Poplar and Kingston Upon Thames.
First projects in south Wales a depot and offices at Bridgend
2nd World War
Constructed famous artificial Mulberry Harbour. Airfields and defence works. Aircraft, ordinance factories and explosives depots. After war, big push in housing and factories.
Gee Walker Slater Joined with Wiggins Construction Limited
London Underground Frameworks from 1988 (Wiggins Construction) to 2012 (Gee Construction)
‘Wiggins Gee Construction Limited’ rebranded and shortened to Gee Construction Limited for the 21st Century
London Boroughs of Merton and London Borough of Sutton School Partnering Frameworks 2005 to 2012
Heathrow Airport Retail & Property Framework 2014 to 2018